We are looking for an experienced Dental Assistant to join our dynamic team in Punchbowl! This is a 12 month maternity leave position, with the potential for an extended contract period for the right candidate.
You’ll will work as part of a team that thrives in providing outstanding care to patients, and we want our NEW Dental Assistant to help us continue empathetic, patient-led care. Ideally, we’re looking for someone who can confidently do both reception and chairside dental assisting, and that includes things like helping with treatment planning, active recall maintenance, and processing accounts.
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll be responsible for in this role
- Provide exceptional patient care and assist Dentists with all areas of services provided within the practice;
- Maintaining high standards of infection control and sterilisation;
- The recording of treatment information in patient records;
- Maintaining all equipment and helping the team with stock control;
- Processing digital dental x-rays;
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist;
- Participate in the planning + treatment presentation and follow-up for patient care;
- Play a pro-active role in each day's appointment schedule and patient activities to ensure things run as seamless as possible; And
- Be an advocate for positive and pro-active dental care.
What we are looking for in YOU!
- A passion for the dental industry and patient care;
- 3+ years experience in a dental assistant role;
- Lots of empathy and a patient-centric approach;
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible & adaptable;
- Experience using the Microsoft suite;
- An ability to handle pressure and multi-task; And
- A warm & friendly personality with the ability to build relationships easily.
- Familiarity with Arabic language highly regarded
So, why work for us?
- You’ll receive assistance from a highly experienced support team;
- We invest in our people and their careers - we love helping and watching our people grow!
- You’ll work in an established practice with a team who genuinely love what they do.