Do you have a fear of dentist or suffer from extreme anxiety when undergoing dental treatment? Many patients now days experience dental phobia and generally avoid visiting the dentist, even when they are experiencing severe pain. Here at Maven Dental Buderim we understand the challenges our patients face and offer sedation dentistry to help ensure they receive the dental care they need while feeling completely at ease.
What is sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry, or sleep dentistry, is a form of dentistry that includes the aid of medications to help patients feel relaxed and at ease during their dental procedures. Depending on the level of sedation being used, patients may be either completely unconscious or maintain some level of consciousness.
The various levels of sedation dental we offer include:
What types of sedation dental do we offer?
- Minimal sedation - awake but relaxed
- Moderate sedation - possible slurring of words and limited memory of the procedure
- Deep sedation - on the edge of consciousness
There are a number of sleep dentistry options available, including:
- Inhalation sedation - Nitrous Oxide, otherwise known as 'happy gas' or 'laughing gas'
- Oral sedation - tablet or liquid form sedative
- Intravenous sedation (IV Sedation) - small injection of sedative
For more details around each of these sedation options, please view "sedation"
in our service list.
If you're interested in sedation dentistry or would like to learn more about the types of sedation dentistry offered at Maven Dental Buderim, please contact our friendly team
today. Don't let your fear of dentist stop you from achieving lifelong oral health.
Want to know more about Sedation Dentistry?
Submit your question below.