Dr Prue King graduated from Otago University (NZ) and moved to Sydney from Wellington, NZ, where for many years she ran a busy integrative dental practice. Prior to that she worked in general practice in London where she was first exposed to many of the holistic concepts which form the basis of her practice today.
Lotus Dental is the culmination of a passionate vision she held for many years: a practice dedicated to integrative dentistry in the context of holistic health, extending beyond the normal “square box” of dentistry… Summed up as ‘Dentistry with the whole body in mind’
Dr Prue’s particular area of interests are in
- treating TMJ dysfunction (the treatment of jaw related disorders including head and neck pain),
- functional orthodontics (normally without extraction of teeth),
- bite rehabilitation / reconstruction,
- cosmetic dentistry
- prevention and treatment of periodontal (gum) disease.
She has a fellowship in Craniofacial pain from the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain and has studied Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine with 4AM.
She actively supports dental health in the context of the whole body, by working with other integrative practitioners including chiropractors, osteopaths, massage therapists, holistic GPs, and ayurvedic practitioners to help improve the structural and biochemical integrity of the body.
A long-time committed yoga practitioner, Prue is also a practicing Yoga Teacher with a post-graduate diploma in Yoga Therapy and offers individual yoga therapy sessions, furthering her commitment to getting people involved in their own health and rehabilitation.
Prue is the mother of three teenage boys and in her ‘spare’ time enjoys walking, reading, art and visiting Sydney’s beautiful beaches.
Prue is a member of:
- Australian Dental Association
- International Association of Orthodontics
- International Association of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT)
- American Academy of Craniofacial pain