Emergency Dental at Maven Dental Invermay
Here at Maven Dental Invermay we understand that emergencies happen, that's why we offer emergency dental services to Invermay and surrounding areas. If you're currently experiencing a dental emergency and require immediate dental attention, please contact us on 03 6331 7959 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is an acute oral health disorder that requires dental attention, including
- broken, loose or removed teeth,
- toothaches and injuries to the lips,
- gums or cheeks through trauma,
- infections and post-surgery complications
If any of these issues should occur, it is essential that you contact your dentist immediately so you can make an appointment to prevent long-term loss or complications.
If you have experienced tooth and mouth pain at some point, you know it can be an intrusive and sharp pain. Maven Dental Group practices are extremely well-equipped to handle dental emergencies and your local practice will treat yours with skill, care and efficiency.
What to do in a dental emergency?
If you or a member of your family are unfortunate enough to have a tooth forcefully dislodged, there are a few simple steps you can follow for the best chance of recovery.
- Immediately call your dentist for an emergency appointment.
- Pickup the tooth by the crown only, avoid touching the root
- Preferably rinse with milk or tap water but only for asecond or two
- Insert tooth in previous position, use cloth, tissie, foil or mouth-guard to keep it in place
- See a dentist immediately, the sooner you see a dentist the more likely the tooth will survive
Note: if the toots is a baby tooth, do not put the baby tooth back in where it was dislodged from and see a dentist as soon as possible.
Once you arrive at your dental practice, your dentist and support staff will be able to support and do everything they can to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Will my dentist fit me in as soon as possible?
Many dentists are understanding towards the nature of emergency appointments and therefore know that emergencies are unpredictable. If you should find yourself needing emergency dental treatment it is advisable to call your local practice first so appropriate time can be made for you, however, if you are at risk of losing a tooth or you are in extreme pain, they will generally fit you in as a priority.
Looking for a dentist that offers emergency dental in Invermay- Contact our friendly team at Maven Dental Invermay on 03 6331 7959 or visit us at Level 1, 54-58 Invermay Road, Invermay, Tas.