Dr Errol Kilov is the passionate and highly experienced principal dentist at Maven Dental Invermay. Originally from South Africa, Dr Kilov completed his Bachelor of Dental Science in 1977 at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. After graduating he spent a number of years working extensively in both public and private practices in South Africa and England.
Having successfully completed the ADEC examinations in 1990, Dr Kilov sought a change of scenery and relocated to Perth in 1993. While living in Western Australia he worked in private practice for a number of years before moving to Tasmania at the end of 1995. After a year working in Burnie's public sector, Dr Kilov settled down in beautiful Launceston and returned to private practice.
Dr Kilov's career has also seen him:
- Complete his Graduate Certificate in Dentistry at the University of Adelaide in 2003
- Nominated as a Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International 2007
- Complete the Membership Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (GDP) program in 2009
- Mentor for MRACDS since 2010
- Invited to become a member of the Board of Studies for MRACDS program in 2015
- Successfully complete his Fellowship at the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in January 2017
- Invited to fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy 2017, an international honorary dental organisation
Passionate about the field of dentistry, Dr Kilov finds it extremely rewarding to mentor members in his team, including young clinicians - sharing his extensive knowledge, skills and experience. He is an advocate for lifelong learning and continues to enjoy both formal and informal training opportunities to further his professional development. In the clinical space, Dr Kilov is committed to providing exceptional treatment and care to his patients, and holds special interests in the areas of restorative dentistry and periodontics.
Playing an active role within dentistry, Dr Kilov has been an Australian Dental Association Tasmania Branch Councillor since 1999. He has also held a number of other roles including:
- ADA Tasmania Branch President - 2006-2007, 2016-2017
- Chairperson of the CPD committee of the ADA TAS Branch - 1999-2003, 2008-2010, 2013-2016
- Third Party Liaison person - 2011-2014
- ADA Tasmania Branch consultant to the ADAVB Defence Advisory committee since 2013
Additionally, he is a member of the Australian Dental Association, Australian Society of Endodontology (Tasmania Branch), Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
Outside of dentistry, Dr Kilov is often found swimming at the Launceston Aussie Masters Swim Club and enjoying activities like cycling, bush walking, reading, watching movies and going to the gym. In the past he has held interests in kayaking, golf, karate, competing in tennis tournaments, and taking part in endurance events including marathons, ultra-marathons and ultra-distance triathlons.