Veneers at Radiance Dental, Yeronga
Porcelain veneers are an ideal solution for chipped, uneven, or discoloured teeth. The teeth are prepared by removing a small amount of the front surface of the tooth (about 0.3 to 0.5 mm — the thickness of a fingernail) to allow space for the porcelain. A thin sliver of porcelain or composite resin is then permanently cemented to the front teeth. Two or three visits to your clinician will be necessary. An appointment typically takes from one to two hours.
Good dental hygiene will extend the life of your veneers, however they do require extra care to ensure they are not damaged by hard foods. In some cases, they may require protection from excessive grinding.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Veneers can almost fix anything, whether you have a crooked smile, misshapen teeth or just generally aesthetically unappealing teeth. Using veneers to fix these problems is a quick and very effective dental solution.
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are discoloured
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
What are the benefits of veneers?
There are a multitude of reasons why veneers are an amazing cosmetic option if you’re dissatisfied with your teeth.
- Veneers do not change colour over time, staying resistant to materials that are known to stain teeth such as coffee, smoking and red wine
- They can cover virtually any imperfection, including gaps, chips and stains
- They can alter the length, shape, proportion, surface texture, colour and brightness of your teeth
- They are durable and scratch resistant
- They are individually crafted by your dentist, so can be made to look extremely lifelike so nobody can even tell they’re not your real teeth
- They take much less time than orthodontics
- They don’t affect your mouth’s function
How long do veneers last?
Veneers are extremely durable, with quality veneers lasting over a decade, sometimes two or three decades, and remain virtually unchanged the entire time.
Got a Question About Veneers?
Looking for a dentist that offers veneers in Yeronga- Contact our friendly team at Radiance Dental, Yeronga on 07 3892 6677 or visit us at 2/443 Fairfield Road, Yeronga, QLD.