To find your nearest dental practice offering emergency dental services, please enter your location or post code in the search bar above.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is an acute oral health disorder that requires dental attention, including
- broken, loose or removed teeth,
- toothaches and injuries to the lips,
- gums or cheeks through trauma,
- infections and post-surgery complications
If any of these issues should occur, it is essential that you contact your dentist immediately so you can make an appointment to prevent long-term loss or complications.
If you have experienced tooth and mouth pain at some point, you know it can be an intrusive and sharp pain. Maven Dental Group practices are extremely well-equipped to handle dental emergencies and your local practice will treat yours with skill, care and efficiency.
What to do in a dental emergency?
If you or a member of your family are unfortunate enough to have a tooth forcefully dislodged, there are a few simple steps you can follow for the best chance of recovery.
- Immediately call your dentist for an emergency appointment
- Pick up the tooth by the crown only, avoid touching the root
- Preferably rinse with milk or tap water but only for a second or two
- Insert tooth in the previous position and use a cloth, tissue, foil or mouthguard to keep it in place
- See a dentist immediately, the sooner you see a dentist the more likely the tooth will survive
Note: if the tooth is a baby tooth, do not put the baby tooth back in where it was dislodged from and see a dentist as soon as possible.
Once you arrive at your dental practice, your dentist and support staff will be able to support and do everything they can to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Will my dentist fit me in as soon as possible?
Many dentists are understanding towards the nature of emergency appointments and therefore know that emergencies are unpredictable. If you should find yourself needing emergency dental treatment it is advisable to call your local practice first so an appropriate time can be made for you, however, if you are at risk of losing a tooth or you are in extreme pain, they will generally fit you in as a priority.
Please contact your local Maven Dental Group practice to confirm service availability.