Emergency Dental at Maven Dental Gosnells
Here at Maven Dental Gosnells we understand that emergencies happen, that's why we offer emergency dental services to Gosnells and surrounding areas. If you're currently experiencing a dental emergency and require immediate dental attention, please contact us on 08 9398 2808 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is an acute oral health disorder that requires dental attention, including
- broken, loose or removed teeth,
- toothaches and injuries to the lips,
- gums or cheeks through trauma,
- infections and post-surgery complications
If any of these issues should occur, it is essential that you contact your dentist immediately so you can make an appointment to prevent long-term loss or complications.
If you have experienced tooth and mouth pain at some point, you know it can be an intrusive and sharp pain. Maven Dental Group practices are extremely well-equipped to handle dental emergencies and your local practice will treat yours with skill, care and efficiency.
What to do in a dental emergency?
If you or a member of your family are unfortunate enough to have a tooth forcefully dislodged, there are a few simple steps you can follow for the best chance of recovery.
- Immediately call your dentist for an emergency appointment.
- Handle the tooth by the crown, not the root. Touching the root (the part of the tooth below the gum) can damage cells necessary for bone reattachment.
- Gently rinse the tooth in water to remove dirt. Do not scrub.
- If possible, gently place the clean tooth in the socket to keep it moist. It is important not to let the tooth dry out.
- If it is not possible to store the tooth in the mouth of the injured person, wrap the tooth in a clean cloth or gauze and immerse in milk or saliva.
Once you arrive at your dental practice, your dentist and support staff will be able to support and do everything they can to ensure your comfort and satisfaction.
Can I make an emergency dental appointment?
Many dentists are understanding towards the nature of emergency appointments and therefore know that emergencies are unpredictable. If you should find yourself needing emergency dental treatment it is advisable to call your local practice first so appropriate time can be made for you, however, if you are at risk of losing a tooth or you are in extreme pain, they will generally fit you in as a priority.
Looking for a dentist that offers emergency dental in Gosnells- Contact our friendly team at Maven Dental Gosnells on 08 9398 2808 or visit us at 2364 Albany Highway, Gosnells, WA.