What are Veneers?
Veneers (also known as laminates), are a thin, tooth-coloured shell made from porcelain or composite resin that is shaped to bond to the front of your natural teeth. They are often used instead of a crown where there is sufficient healthy natural tooth structure available. Veneers are an excellent way to correct the aesthetics by covering chipped or discoloured teeth or even eliminating gaps.
The benefits of veneers, include:
- Veneers don’t change colour over time
- They cover imperfections including gaps, chips and stains
- Improving the length, shape, proportion, surface texture or colour of your teeth
- They are durable and scratch resistant
- They look natural
- Don’t affect the function of your mouth